The spiritual dimension recognizes one's search for meaning and purpose in human existence. It includes the development of a deep appreciation for the depth and expanse of life and natural forces that exist in the universe. Spiritual wellness is the ability to establish peace and harmony in our lives. It encompasses a high level of faith, hope, and commitment to our individual beliefs that provide a sense of meaning and purpose in human existence. It is better to ponder the meaning of life for ourselves and to be tolerant of the beliefs of others than to close our minds and become intolerant. Becoming spiritually well means striving for consistency with our values and beliefs.
Tips and suggestions for optimal spiritual wellness:
1. Explore your spiritual core.
2. Spend time alone/meditate regularly.
3. Be inquisitive and curious.
4. Be fully present in everything you do.
5. Listen with your heart and live by your principles.
6. Allow yourself and those around you the freedom to be who they are.
7. See opportunities for growth in the challenges life brings you.